Voice Construction is an Edmonton based, privately owned civil construction firm providing services for high profile clients and projects across Alberta. We specialize in petrochemical site preparation and related earthwork construction projects. Since our founding in 1939 Voice has grown considerably yet still maintains a family culture. At Voice you will find challenging work and opportunities for career growth through mentorship and development!
The Craft Recruiter will be responsible for full cycle recruitment of craft personnel. This position will ensure that Voice Construction Ltd. project sites are properly staffed in an efficient, timely manner with qualified employees, in accordance with applicable collective agreements. The successful candidate will work closely with, and support the field operations management teams.
Essential Job Functions
- Conduct day-to-day full cycle recruitment of craft personnel when required to meet the needs of high volume projects.
- Work closely with key decision makers to discuss current and projected work/manpower needs.
- Understand and work within Collective Agreements applicable to project sites.
- Successfully liaise with Union Dispatch to request and fill in-scope positions as required.
- Seek out, interview, and screen applicants to fill future job openings and promote career opportunities within the organization. This role will have primary responsibility for working with supervisors and managers to hire craft and supervisory positions.
- Ensure all employees meet training and certification requirements upon hire, including updated safety certificates and pre drug and alcohol testing.
- Coordinate the dispatch of employees to project sites.
- Engage with supervision and managers to coordinate additional training as required.
- Administrative tasks completed efficiently and accurately as required.
Required Education and Experience
- Post-secondary Education in Human Resources, Labour Relations and/or Business Administration preferred.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of craft recruitment experience within the construction industry required.
- Previous experience working within a Union Dispatch hiring environment and knowledge of safety tickets/journeyman/apprentice and drug and alcohol testing required.
- Excellent organizational and execution skills, and the ability to work in a high volume, dynamic and fast paced environment.
- Knowledge of and experience working within Employment Standards and the Human Rights Act.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products required and HR systems required; specific experience in ICIMS Applicant Tracking Systems preferred.
- Detail-oriented, organized, and able to multi-task and adapt to rapidly changing demands and priorities.
- Must exhibit excellent communication written and verbal communication skills.